Assuming that you are aware of test data parameterization in OpenScript using databank, in case you are not aware, request you to go through the following article
Now when we execute scripts for multiple iterations, it is highly possible that one of the test data iteration might fail / one of the child script might fail when there were bunch of child scripts called from a parent script.
Depending on the situation, some wants the entire execution to stop and report the error, but in most scenarios, you wish to skip the failed iteration / child script and continue the execution with next iteration or next child script.
Now lets see how we can make OpenScript skip the failure of current iteration or current child script and continue with next iteration / next child script.
There is an error recovery setting in OpenScript, which will help you to skip the current iteration and then move to next.
Steps to perform are as below:
- Navigate to View > OpenScript Preferences
- Under Playback > Error Recovery
- On the right of the window you see a section by name General , which has a setting for “Child Script Failed” , Select option “Report Error and Continue”
- Click Apply, Ok buttons and close the window.
Now when you execute the parameterized script with Iterate Playback, even if the script fails for 1 iteration, it would continue from next iteration till the end of all iterations.
I hope this will help you. In case of any queries, please do revert to us in form of comments, we would try our best to help you out.
Founder of TestingTools.co, constantly shares knowledge on different test automation tools. Has experience in building proof of concepts, solutions, frameworks, platforms & implementation of test automation projects.
In pursuit of building a platform with inbuilt framework and reusable components for Oracle Cloud applications ( Oracle HCM, CX, SCM, Financials clouds, Salesforce and other cloud applications )
Major accomplishments in his career:
- Product architect and development manager for test automation platforms
- Oracle Flow Builder @ Oracle
- CloudTestr @ Suneratech
- 2 times to oracle open world
- More than 20 successful POCs ( Proof of concepts )
- 100 demos
- Designed pricing models.
- Trained more than 50 members.
- Built more than 100 re-usable functions.
Worked with tools: