Apache JMeter is an Open Source tool used to load test functional behavior and measure the Performance. It is a Java based application and was initially developed only for web applications, as time spanned it was extended for many more types of applications and needs.
With JMeter you can simulate load on a server, group of servers, network or object to analyze their performance at various types of loads. This can help you in coming up with recommendations as what needs to be done for better performance.
Here are the salient features of Apache JMeter:
- Supports load or performance test of many applications/protocols/servers/ etc..
- Comes with a full featured IDE
- To create testplan by recording web and native applications
- To Execute
- To Debug
- Command Line mode to have headless executions and also makes it easy to integrate with continuous integration, for example: Jenkins.
- Works on any Java compatible platforms like Windows, Mac OSX, Linux etc..
- Inbuilt data extraction ability from response formats like : HTML, JSON, XML, TEXT, useful especially helpful in building correlations.
- Fully Multi threaded to simulate concurrent users being active at a time and each of these are independent.
- Caching and offline analysis/replaying of test results
- Highly extensible , comes with many open source and commercial plugins .
At testingtools.co you can learn the following:
|1||Download and Install JMeter||Beginner|
|2||Steps to Create a simple Test Plan – JMeter||Beginner|
|3||Ways to execute Test Plan – GUI Mode & Non GUI Mode||Beginner|
|4||Steps to record test plan for simple web application – JMeter||Beginner|
In case of any queries or any specific topics that you want to learn, kindly let us know through comments, we would try our best to cover them as well.
Founder of TestingTools.co, constantly shares knowledge on different test automation tools. Has experience in building proof of concepts, solutions, frameworks, platforms & implementation of test automation projects.
In pursuit of building a platform with inbuilt framework and reusable components for Oracle Cloud applications ( Oracle HCM, CX, SCM, Financials clouds, Salesforce and other cloud applications )
Major accomplishments in his career:
Product architect and development manager for test automation platforms
Oracle Flow Builder @ Oracle
CloudTestr @ Suneratech
2 times to oracle open world
More than 20 successful POCs ( Proof of concepts )
Designed pricing models.
Trained more than 50 members.
Built more than 100 re-usable functions.
Worked with tools: