OATS – Oracle Application testing suite had evolved and improved its stability, performance and features with every release that Oracle had pushed in to market. One of the important aspect which might hurt is that OATS / Openscript might slow down during executions.
I would like to introduce to you 2 ways which can help you surpass this and make betterment.
1. Keep the script execution as much minimal as possible.
When you design your script development and execution strategy, make sure that each script does not take more than 1 hour of time. When we say each script it doesn’t mean the child script but the parent script which would execute multiple child scripts.
2. Set proper heap memory value for OpenScript
- Right click on OpenScript Icon present on windows desktop or in the “Start Menu”
- Select “Properties” menu in the context menu.
- You would see something like: C:\OracleATS\openScript\OpenScript.exe -configuration openscript_configuration -vm C:\OracleATS\openScript\jre\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:-UseSplitVerifier
- Change value from “-Xmx512m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m” to “-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m” in the “Target” field in the “OpenScript Properties” window and click “OK” button.
Hope this helps you in having stable performance for executing test scripts using OpenScript of Oracle Application Testing Suite. In case of any further queries, please feel free to share them in form of comments, we would be more than happy to help you.
Founder of TestingTools.co, constantly shares knowledge on different test automation tools. Has experience in building proof of concepts, solutions, frameworks, platforms & implementation of test automation projects.
In pursuit of building a platform with inbuilt framework and reusable components for Oracle Cloud applications ( Oracle HCM, CX, SCM, Financials clouds, Salesforce and other cloud applications )
Major accomplishments in his career:
- Product architect and development manager for test automation platforms
- Oracle Flow Builder @ Oracle
- CloudTestr @ Suneratech
- 2 times to oracle open world
- More than 20 successful POCs ( Proof of concepts )
- 100 demos
- Designed pricing models.
- Trained more than 50 members.
- Built more than 100 re-usable functions.
Worked with tools: