Once you create the test automation scripts for a project, one of the important task would be to ship these test scripts to customers, so that they can execute them or ask their in-house team(s) to conduct dry runs to check if everything works fine to give a sign off.
You also might need to ship these test scripts, to attach them to any test management tool where executions could be scheduled based on need.
Oracle Application Testing Suite has a great way of dealing this, it uses its Openscript IDE and Manage Repositories concepts with Export and Import features for easy shipping of test automated scripts.
Lets see step by step instructions as how we can export and import scripts using Openscript IDE of Oracle Application Testing Sutie
Step by Step instructions to export an existing script.
- Open any script having assets attached, these assets can be present any where in your machine.
- Go to Menu “File” > “Export Script”
- Browse the location and give name of the zip file you want to have this script exported.
- Leave default settings and click “OK” button to export the script.
- Zip file gets created in the provided location.
Step by Step instructions to import an exported script.
- Open Openscript IDE
- Go to Menu “File” > “Import Script”
- In the Import Script Dialog Window, select the folder where you want to import the exported script.
- Click on browse button to browse and select the zip file ( i.e. the exported script ) for importing.
- Click “OK” button and wait for the script to get imported in to desired folder location.
- Once import process is complete, Openscript opens the imported script by default in the IDE.
- Click on databank “Countries” and click on Add -> CSV File, we can see where exactly this databank file resides now.
- It is part of the “.All” folder that gets created on import of the script, All the dependent assets will now be present as part of this folder and you should be able to use it for executions without any issues.
All dependencies would be packaged together under “.All” folder, which helps to transfer it to any location and be able to execute on need.
In case of any queries, please do ask in comments section, I would be more than happy to help.
Founder of TestingTools.co, constantly shares knowledge on different test automation tools. Has experience in building proof of concepts, solutions, frameworks, platforms & implementation of test automation projects.
In pursuit of building a platform with inbuilt framework and reusable components for Oracle Cloud applications ( Oracle HCM, CX, SCM, Financials clouds, Salesforce and other cloud applications )
Major accomplishments in his career:
- Product architect and development manager for test automation platforms
- Oracle Flow Builder @ Oracle
- CloudTestr @ Suneratech
- 2 times to oracle open world
- More than 20 successful POCs ( Proof of concepts )
- 100 demos
- Designed pricing models.
- Trained more than 50 members.
- Built more than 100 re-usable functions.
Worked with tools: