In this article we provide step by step instructions as how to install testng plugin in eclipse latest version. There might be multiple ways to install the testng plugin, but we recommend you with the following steps.
Steps to install testng plugin in eclipse
- The following steps are performed on latest eclipse version photon
- Navigate to menu Help>Install New Software in eclipse IDE, we do not recommend the marketplace approach for better results.
- Install window appears as shown below
- Click on Add button
- In the Add repository window provide following details and click on “Add” button. Name: TestNG, url:
- Important Note: url has now changed to https://dl.bintray.com/testng-team/testng-eclipse-release/
- Eclipse starts searching for the repository
- Once the search is complete, it lists the TestNG repository
- Select TestNG in the list and click on Next button
- Eclipse starts calculating the dependencies and requirements for TestNG plugin
- Once calculation is complete, it lists the items for you to review and select for install
- Select “TestNG” in the above list and click on Next button
- Eclipse requests for your acceptance on license details.
- Accept the license and click on Finish button
- Eclipse starts the installation of the plug-in.
- Review the status by looking at the bottom of eclipse IDE
- There are chances to see some warning messages, you can just go ahead by clicking on “Install Anyway” button
- Once the installation is complete, eclipse requests you to restart the IDE, proceed with the same. This means that installation is successful.
It is a simple process that you need to follow, in the next article you will see how to verify if TestNG plugin is installed successfully.
Founder of TestingTools.co, constantly shares knowledge on different test automation tools. Has experience in building proof of concepts, solutions, frameworks, platforms & implementation of test automation projects.
In pursuit of building a platform with inbuilt framework and reusable components for Oracle Cloud applications ( Oracle HCM, CX, SCM, Financials clouds, Salesforce and other cloud applications )
Major accomplishments in his career:
- Product architect and development manager for test automation platforms
- Oracle Flow Builder @ Oracle
- CloudTestr @ Suneratech
- 2 times to oracle open world
- More than 20 successful POCs ( Proof of concepts )
- 100 demos
- Designed pricing models.
- Trained more than 50 members.
- Built more than 100 re-usable functions.
Worked with tools: